Sr. Software Engineer (Python or Java) for Artificial Intelligence Product Firm - TS/SCI + FSP
Our client is an analytics product firm that specializes in developing an artificial intelligence based geospatial analytics platform to source, process, and analyze the information generated from the rapidly growing sources of geospatial data. They apply machine learning and computer vision to geospatial data to see detail that is indistinguishable to the human eye. In essence, our client builds software that interprets data at petabyte scale and enables businesses, governments, and NGO’s to make better business and policy decisions. Culturally, our client is very serious about hiring only very smart, very nice people. In addition to fulfilling important IC/DoD missions, they do a lot of work with NGO's, the World Bank, etc. on poverty, refugee migration, disaster relief, and other areas.
There are currently needs for multiple Senior Software Engineers on our client's Federal team. In this role, you will do the following:
- implement new analytics components and products
- develop software (backend primarily) in Python or Java
- ingest multi-terabyte geospatial datasets, including satellite imagery
- implement code for Machine Learning algorithms
- implement code for Computer Vision algorithms
- implement code for Predictive Models
* To clarify, this is a hand-on Software Engineer role, not a Data Scientist role: algorithm development and predictive modeling experience are NOT required. You will collaborate with Data Scientists who are experts in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Predictive Modeling. *
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
- current TS/SCI clearance (or higher)
- extensive Python or Java server-side development experience
- experience with continuous integration and automated testing
- working knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, or data science
Additional experience working directly with the government's AWS / C2S environment, as well as prior Team Lead experience, are a plus.
In terms of compensation, our client is backed by some of the top investment firms in Silicon Valley and in the DC area, as well as the Intelligence Community, so you can expect strong salary, full benefits, and stock options (which can lead to substantial additional compensation), and other perks.
This position is based in the Arlington, VA area. US citizenship, plus a current TS/SCI clearance, are required.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"