Sr. Network Administrator - FS Poly - to $165000
You've heard the stories about smaller firms in the IC with the developer-driven cultures, premium salaries, and surprising flexibility. The tales often also include stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between. Our client checks all the boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers. Their goal is to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission. If you are interested in fully-cleared software development, Big Data/Cloud technologies, DSP work, or Embedded roles, it may be time to talk with our client and see how close they've come.
They are seeking a Sr. Network Administrator to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 11+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Cisco and/or Brocade switches, firewalls, and routers
- Ability to do some Linux administration tasks including account maintenance, installing patches and updates, troubleshooting, and system setup
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain system compliance with auditing and security requirements
- Ability to solve network issues and networking needs as they arise
- Ability to secure networking systems by establishing policies and applying "least access" rules
- Ability to monitor the networking systems and determine when it's necessary to perform patches, updates, and security changes
- Knowledge of VM virtualization
- Knowledge of advanced Linux admin functions
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"