Sr. Java Developer - FS Poly - to $170000
Our client is a small company that was founded in 2010 by a well-versed and ambitious technical guru. He wanted to form a company that he would want to work for, offering the best of both worlds: a small company with a laid-back atmosphere that also maintains a professional approach in all aspects of business. They are a premier provider of information technology sciences, specializing in cloud and big-data analytics, software development, systems engineering, management, database engineering for content and metadata repositories, systems security accreditation, HLT technologies, high performance analytics, and process management. Their employees are their “Dream Team” who exceed the industry standard and think outside-the-box to provide the best solutions for their customers. With some of the top salaries in the industry, 10% 401(k), and one of the best benefits packages around, they invest in their employees so that they can grow in their professional and personal lives. The management team encourages continuous learning (and offers a certification bonus), supports flexible schedules, and values the home/work/life balance. They go above and beyond to ensure everyone on the team is happy in his/her role, and as a growing company, can offer more and more programs to their employees.
They are seeking a Sr. Java Developer to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 8+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience developing with languages like Java, C, C++
- 4+ years of experience with NoSQL technologies such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table
- Strong Java Experience
- Experience with the Map Reduce programming model, HDFS, and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig,
- Experience configuring and maintaining Hadoop clusters
- Experience with REST
- Experience with JSON or BSON
- Experience with source code management tools
- A+CE, CCNA-Security, Network+CE, SSCP, or Maven certification
- Familiarity with Map Reduce Analytics and Pig/Piglet
- Experience with version control tools (Git, Subversion)
The work is located at Ft. Meade and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"