HPC Security System Administrator - FS Poly
You've heard the stories about smaller firms in the IC with the developer-driven cultures, premium salaries, and surprising flexibility. The tales often also include stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between. Our client checks all the boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers. Their goal is to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission. If you are interested in fully-cleared software development, Big Data/Cloud technologies, DSP work, or Embedded roles, it may be time to talk with our client and see how close they've come.
They are seeking an HPC Security System Administrator to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files
- Knowledge of operating systems and familiarity of UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level
- Experience with the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise backup strategies, server configuration, and verification of IT infrastructure
- Experience providing support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, and email
- Experience distributing computing tools such as RES, LSF and SLURM.
- Experience with HPC farm systems, HPC MPP Clustered systems and front-end servers of SPDs
- Experience with IBM or HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back-end
- Experience with multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS and Lustre
- Experience with Pre-Factory testing, Factory testing, Systems integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPC systems
- Experience with Clusters and MPP systems from HPE and Cray
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"