Sr. Server Administrator - FS Poly
You've heard the stories about smaller firms in the IC with the developer-driven cultures, premium salaries, and surprising flexibility. The tales often also include stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between. Our client checks all the boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers. Their goal is to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission. If you are interested in fully-cleared software development, Big Data/Cloud technologies, DSP work, or Embedded roles, it may be time to talk with our client and see how close they've come.
They are seeking a Sr. Linux Administrator to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Installation, configuration, tuning, and support of RedHat, Suse, Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64 with attached and FC SAN Storage
- Knowledge client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Ability to work with large memory SMP systems with many cores
- Knowledge of enterprise client server configurations
- Knowledge of Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and CXFS
- Knowledge of fielded systems
- Knowledge of Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Exchange, and Centrify
- Knowledge of infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Knowledge of thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Centrix
- Knowledge of NoMachine NX, Virtualizing products, VMWare and Solaris containers
- Possess a valid RHCSA or higher or VMware certification
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"