Cloud Software Engineer - FS Poly
Our client is a small company, founded in 2008 by self-professed hardware and software geeks. They didn’t want to work for large companies anymore and wanted to create a small group of highly-talented people who would design and build great things. Now the hardware and software solutions they’ve built are flying through the air (satellites, UAVs, aircraft), moving across the ground (special ops), and zipping around the web (cyber and CNO). With expertise in SIGINT, hardware engineering, embedded systems, software development, and CNO, their staff tackles the most challenging problems in Intelligence & Defense. They are growing, they have won prime contracts, and they want something more for themselves and their staff than just sitting in the same seat on the same program year after year. If you’re a strong hardware, software, embedded, electrical, or mechanical engineer, this is a great company to investigate.
They are seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of experience in Java, C or C+
- Experience with NSQL technologies such as HBase, Apache Accumulo, Big Table or HDFS
- Experience with Map/Reduce or Pig
- Experience with SaltStack or similar configuration management tool
- Experience with OpenStack/Kubernetes or other cloud management tool
- Strong knowledge of Linux command line and networking concepts
- Strong Python scripting skills
The work is located in the Ft. Meade area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"