Data Scientist, Network Cybersecurity (Secret or higher clearance)
Our client is a Cybersecurity Research & Development, Product Engineering, and Services firm that tackles the most critical intelligence challenges for commercial enterprises and governments. Some of their projects include monitoring and defending over 8% of the world's internet traffic, securing multinational networks, and using analytic processing on the dark web to disrupt human trafficking.
Our client is seeking a Data Scientist to develop and implement their research agenda. In this role you will perform data validation and propose storage, processing, error mitigation, and processing methodologies for heterogeneous data sources available to their customers. Additionally, you will be responsible for proposing tractable solutions to solve real-world network security problems experienced by Security Operations Centers and other security professionals. You will report to the VP of Cybersecurity Strategy.
Our client operates in a rapidly changing, fast paced space within the DoD. In protecting a multinational network, they propose scalable predictive analytics to reduce network risk and improve incident response times. They foster a reputation for understanding customers' concerns and addressing their needs with consistent, high-performing solutions. As a result, they have the opportunity to proactively identify and define solutions to root causes and bring their customer past risk reduction into a more predictive and strategic posture.
You will play a vital role in this process. You will quickly address problems with a well thought-out, tractable solution that you can implement, independently or collaboratively with a developer’s support, and deliver to the customer in a timely manner. You will also assist the program manager with scoping vague customer requirements.
As our client's Data Scientist, you will:
- Initiate and conduct research activities of collected network data for clients
- Develop and present papers for clients, industry, and trade journals that identify network security trends and anomalies
- Create, design, and develop new research and analytic processes and programs
- Serve as a senior internal consultant on network security issues
- Present trends and findings to clients and trade groups
- Provide functional guidance and direction to junior staff members
- Demonstrate effective verbal/written communication with strong interpersonal skills while being a team player
- Be responsible for timely and accurate completion of other tasks
Our client is seeking something with the the following mindset and attitude:
- You know that what you do matters and that your work makes a difference for customers.
- You value excellence and develop innovative, effective solutions based on a customer’s specific need and goal.
- You are audacious in that you face hard problems confidently, collaboratively, and fearlessly.
- You are curious and challenge your own beliefs to make greater discoveries.
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a Data Scientist
- MS degree in a scientific discipline (additional work experience may be substituted for the MS)
- Knowledge of network systems, trends in research and cyber security, and related concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with both native (C, C++) as well as dynamic (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.) programming languages
- Knowledge of Big Data methodologies and best practices
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- U.S. citizenship and a current Secret or higher US federal security clearance
In addition to a strong salary, our client offers an excellent benefits package that includes the following:
- annual bonus ranging from 6% to 25% of salary
- 10% of your time can be spent working on non-billable work (internal R&D as well as independent research projects)
- 6.0 to 8.5 weeks of annual PTO
- $5,000 / year for training, education, and conferences
- additional spot bonuses
- 6% 401(k) contribution
- PPO healthcare plan with 100% premium and deductible paid by company
- life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability paid by company
- metro / parking / toll monthly allowance
- regular company lunches
This role requires a Secret clearance (or higher), and work locations will be a combination of our client's new expanded HQ in Silver Spring, MD as well as customer locations near Annapolis Junction, MD.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Data Science"