Sr. Linux Engineer - FS Poly - to $165000
Our client is a small company that was founded in 2010 by a well-versed and ambitious technical guru. He wanted to form a company that he would want to work for, offering the best of both worlds: a small company with a laid-back atmosphere that also maintains a professional approach in all aspects of business. They are a premier provider of information technology sciences, specializing in cloud and big-data analytics, software development, systems engineering, management, database engineering for content and metadata repositories, systems security accreditation, HLT technologies, high performance analytics, and process management. Their employees are their “Dream Team” who exceed the industry standard and think outside-the-box to provide the best solutions for their customers. With some of the top salaries in the industry, 10% 401(k), and one of the best benefits packages around, they invest in their employees so that they can grow in their professional and personal lives. The management team encourages continuous learning (and offers a certification bonus), supports flexible schedules, and values the home/work/life balance. They go above and beyond to ensure everyone on the team is happy in his/her role, and as a growing company, can offer more and more programs to their employees.
They are seeking a Sr. Linux Engineer to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 12+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer dealing with system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
- Experience with CentOS 7+ and Ubuntu
- Experience working with in a multiple vendor environment (HP, IBM, Dell, etc.)
- Experience creating and maintaining a DevOps environment utilizing Git, Ansible and open source CI tools
- Experience dealing with TCP/IP stack, HTTPS, SSH/SFTP, IPtables, Firewall
- Scripting experience in common scripting languages such as Bash
- Experience with languages such as Python, Golang, Ruby
- Experience deploying and maintaining a system in a cloud environment
- Experience maintaining Openstack, AWS and VMware clouds
- Knowledge of TLC Certs/PKI
- Knowledge of NetApp storage appliances within a multisite implementation
- Ability to determine and implement system security requirements
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"