Sr. Storage Administrator - FS Poly
You've heard the stories about smaller firms in the IC with the developer-driven cultures, premium salaries, and surprising flexibility. The tales often also include stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between. Our client checks all the boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers. Their goal is to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission. If you are interested in fully-cleared software development, Big Data/Cloud technologies, DSP work, or Embedded roles, it may be time to talk with our client and see how close they've come.
They are seeking a Sr. Storage Administrator to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Ability to conduct the installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX or NT-based platforms including creating, modifying, and deleting user accounts, performing system back-up, and maintaining system configuration files
- Knowledge of UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level
- Ability to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, email services, and security protection mechanisms
- Knowledge of SGI IRIX based operating system
- Knowledge of SGI systems with direct attached and FC SAN attached storage
- Knowledge of Network Appliance and SGI IRIX supported applications
- Knowledge of clustered filesystems such as GPFS and Lustre
- Knowledge of Brocade FC switch network
- Knowledge of Enterprise class arrays
- Knowledge of Solid State Disk (SSD)
- Knowledge of NFS/CIFS based server/storage appliance
- Knowledge of HPSE
- Knowledge of Data Domain and similar deduplication products
- Knowledge of cloud-based storage solutions such as HADOOP and IBM BigInsights
- Ability to conduct trouble ticket management using Remedy
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"