Sr. Linux Administrator - FS Poly - to $165000
You've heard the stories about smaller firms in the IC with the developer-driven cultures, premium salaries, and surprising flexibility. The tales often also include stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between. Our client checks all the boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers. Their goal is to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission. If you are interested in fully-cleared software development, Big Data/Cloud technologies, DSP work, or Embedded roles, it may be time to talk with our client and see how close they've come.
They are seeking a Sr. Linux Administrator to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 11+ years of professional experience
- Experience with CentOS/Red Hat Linux environments
- Ability to install packages, kick start installation, system maintenance, troubleshooting, file system maintenance, and system security
- Experience with virtualization environments such as VMware or KVM
- Experience scripting in Perl or shell
- Ability to to troubleshoot and maintain system compliance with auditing and security requirements
- Ability to work with development teams to address needs or concerns with the systems and mitigate issues
- Experience with storage devices from NetApp or EMC for file sharing, backups, etc.
- Experience with backup systems (Veritas NetBackup)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible or Salt
- Familiarity with Cisco/Brocade switches and firewalls
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"