Sr. Software Engineer (SME) - DevOps and Java - FS Poly
Our client focuses on Software Development, Cloud Development and Migration, Big Data technologies and Analytics, and DevOps and Human Factors Engineering. They boast a wealth of Cloud experience - their CTO is an ex-AWS employee and even their CEO is an AWS-Certified Architect. They hire technologists that want to continue to train, better themselves, and become excellent at their craft. They offer interesting and challenging work and a highly-flexible benefits package that allows for additional compensation to traded for unwanted benefits. Their packages include strong salaries, up to a 3% annual bonus, 6 weeks of PTO, a 7% 401k contribution, fully-paid HMO coverage or low-cost PPO coverage, a training or tuition reimbursement program, and a technical equipment allowance ($1,500 for the first year and $500 each following year). If your passion falls into one of their fields of expertise, you should explore our client to find out more.
They are seeking a Sr. Software Developer to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 15+ years of professional experience
- Experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as AWS CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts
- Experience with scripting (Shell, Bash, Perl, Python) and ability to automate routine operations through open source scripts or tool sets
- Experience with creating and delivering DevOps architecture framework, engineering design, and implementation
- Experience with tools like Git, Github, Jenkins, and Puppet
- Experience with DevOps troubleshooting, investing, and performing root cause analysis on production incidents
- Experience with Java development and middleware web services (Apache, Tomcat, Oracle, MySQL, Kafka, Postgres, SQL Servers, HS)
- Experience with Linux (RedHat, Centos, Solaris) and ability to build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI) and automated provisioning
- Experience with proactive monitoring tools and concepts and configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring, (Ganglia, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, SolarWinds)
- Experience using AWS technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine Images (AMI), EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, or CloudWatch
- Experience supporting deliveries to development, test and production web application server environments
- Experience implementing build pipelines with Git commit hooks (Code Commit/Code Deloy), Jenkins plug-ins, configuration management and AMI builders
- Experience with enterprise engineering design and implementation for Platform (Windows and Linux), Web and Application Services to include secure remote access to web and SaaS applications with zero endpoint configuration
The work requires a Full-Scope Polygraph and is located in Reston, VA.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"