Sr. Software Engineer (SME) - ETL - FS Poly
Our client focuses on Software Development, Cloud Development and Migration, Big Data technologies and Analytics, and DevOps and Human Factors Engineering. They boast a wealth of Cloud experience - their CTO is an ex-AWS employee and even their CEO is an AWS-Certified Architect. They hire technologists that want to continue to train, better themselves, and become excellent at their craft. They offer interesting and challenging work and a highly-flexible benefits package that allows for additional compensation to traded for unwanted benefits. Their packages include strong salaries, up to a 3% annual bonus, 6 weeks of PTO, a 7% 401k contribution, fully-paid HMO coverage or low-cost PPO coverage, a training or tuition reimbursement program, and a technical equipment allowance ($1,500 for the first year and $500 each following year). If your passion falls into one of their fields of expertise, you should explore our client to find out more.
They are seeking a Sr. Software Developer to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 15+ years of professional experience
- ETL Experience (particularly the TRANSFORM aspect of data)
- Experience with populating/loading data into databases
- Scripting language experience and string manipulation experience
- User-level knowledge of Pentaho, or similar ETL tools such as INFORMATICA
- Experience mapping datasets to a predetermined model
- Familiarity with various databases (Oracle and Netezza) and associated utilities (SQL Loader, SQL Developer and SQuirreL)
- User-level understanding of JIRA
The work requires a Full-Scope Polygraph and is located in Herndon, VA.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"